I have fallen off with blogging in the last few months, but I’m giving myself a pass because things have been very weird and scary.
Let’s get into the links!
Oh, first of all, we rescued little Sophia here, right before we started working from home. The timing was perfect and she has been such a wonderful addition to our lives while we have been unable to go out and do things as we would normally.
- Nine Inch Nails is my favorite band and has been since the early 90s. Trent and Atticus have given us a gift of 2 free instrumental albums, a continuation of the Ghosts series.
- Black Lives Matter – click here for a list of resources. Sign a petition, make donations, DO SOMETHING.
- Register to vote.
- Here’s a whole channel on YouTube with videos for dogs, featuring birds and squirrels. I’m this person now. We put them on for Sophia and call them “her stories,” my grandmother’s phrase for her favorite soap operas.
- Hamilton is on Disney+. I have already watched it twice, the second time with subtitles, which is quite helpful if you can’t follow all of the lyrics.
- The Baumgartner Restoration YouTube channel is excellent content if you want to watch something mesmerizing and relaxing. I never knew how complicated art restoration was, but now I do, and it is fascinating.
- More excellent video content – I’ve mentioned this before, but the Wild Earth channel streams live safaris from Africa every day, and all of them are posted for viewing the replays. Watching elephants play in the water will definitely make you feel at least a little bit better at any time.
- I am not done with it yet but I am really enjoying Adam Savage’s book, Every Tool’s a Hammer.
- We weirdly had to buy a repellent spray for animals, since we had a groundhog trying desperately to live underneath our porch. We bought this spray since it just smells bad to them but won’t hurt them. Weirdly enough, it sort of smells like onions. However, we haven’t seen any more evidence of the groundhog being under our porch since then. Good luck finding somewhere else to burrow, little groundhog.
- My friend Paula recommended this Cerave cream and I can vouch for it as making my skin baby soft.
- I bought one of Jamie Beck’s Isolation Creation posters, and I love it. It is a beautiful piece of art, and will always be a reminder of such a strange time in the world. I bought this one, but there are many more to choose from.
- Last one – if you use Instagram, you should go follow @dnice immediately. He hosts excellent DJ sets on Instagram Live, called Club Quarantine. They have been a bright spot during such a bizarre time.
Stay well, friends. <3